Tuesday, February 11, 2014

No clever title this week

Okay, so life is nuts.  The wedding fell through and we are not going to be baptizing Omar. But we do have 2 other baptisms coming up!!  Hooray!! This week was crazy.  I really don't even know how to sum it all up. Well, I learned that there are shady things in everything.  We had been working through this Hermano in the ward to help us get people married, but he kept asking us for more and more money and we couldn't figure out why. He was asking for a ton of money and this last week finally I felt like this was messed up and asked somebody about it. It turns out that he had been ripping of missionaries (who do not have money). He was asking for money to bribe the people at the offices and then he was pocketing most of the money!  I was super bummed to find this out but really glad that we caught him because that is so not okay!  Like really?  Bribing, blackmail, robbing... wow.  It was messed up!  On the other hand we taught this guy who was totally fried.  It was weird he was asking us super weird questions and was just a weird fellow.  I really don't even know how to describe all the weird stuff that went down this week.  Oh well, life is good.  I am still prepping myself to be a trainer, and I can see that my Spanish is getting better because my English is getting worse.  I am a woman with out a language.  This letter is really scatter brained, sorry!  I love you all!  Be good!

Hermana Chandler 

No comments:

Post a Comment