Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Guerrita!!

Alright famfam.  I would be lying hard core if I told you that this week was easy.  This week definitely was tough!  We found around 14 new investigators who are not going to progress, awesome.  We were waiting for I think about 8 people in the chapel and none of them showed... Geez.  It was terrible.  But it is all good. The church is true and the people have their agency.  It is all good.   Three of the 14 investigators were.... Oh geez what a mess.  This crazy old lady contacted us in the street and invited us over to talk about the gospel!  And we were thinking wow how awesome, this lady is totally going to be baptized!! So we show up the next day to only to realize that these people only wanted to prove to us how wrong we are!  These 2 old ladies and this 9 year old girl were trying to argue with us and having us read stuff out of the bible, it was some story from Daniel about a tree and a dream.. I really have no clue what the point was but they were crazy, then out of curiousity we asked them why they didn't donate blood.  Well apparently it is an abomination, because of something to do with Cain and Abel.  Yeah, I didn't get it.  It was something about not consuming or eating the blood of our own kind.  And then we were talking about how if someone was dying and they needed blood they couldn't do anything about it!  And then I said, well... If you think about it, Jesus gave his blood for us and we are supposed to follow his example!  Okay that example was a little extreme but I got my point across.  This poor little nine year old girl needs some friends because she was hard and mean and only wanted to prove us wrong.  Gosh,  they talked at us for probably 2 hours until we said okay. Cool we are going to end in a prayer and the crazy old lady offered the prayer and said please bless these señoritas that they will be illuminated and learn the truth... Oh heavens you guys. THe church is so true.  That is the only thing they proved to me. 

Oh well.. This week wasn't all terrible.  I was invited to a birthday party with this legit Mariachi band!! Mexicans know how to party!  That's about it!! I love you all!

PS Guerra means white.  And I always always always get called guerra in the street!  "Hey guerra!"  It is not offensive but I always feel a little insulted! 


No comments:

Post a Comment