Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Walking, walking and More Walking

The Nacho Libre Bike!

 Hello my darlings!  

How I miss all of you!  You are all so wonderful!  This week I have had some interesting experiences.  The mission is something amazing, I am experiencing things that I would never ever experience in the the life of a normal person.  Being a missionary is super awesome!  My legs are going to be so freaking buff when I get home.  I can't even tell you how much time we spend walking, uphill, downhill.  In the blistering heat!  But it is all good, I know that there are people ready to hear and accept the Gospel.  All we can do is keep looking, right?  
This week was the last week of my training and lemme tell you, I feel like the time just flew by but then I think about it and realize I have been here forever!  Today are changes, and my companion is going to serve in Xalapa with her next hija (daughter) and I am going to recieve my new hija (daughter) and we are going to baptize like crazy here in Martinez de la Torre.  We went on exchanges the other day with the sister training leaders and  it was so great, and one of them told me something that president Lopez said something super awesome. He said, "se que la hermana chandler esta lista para entrenar!  que padre!!" (Sister Chandler is ready to train!) I felt so super awesome to know that he has such confidence in me! Ah! 
The chicken murder

Anyway, something cool that happened this week is that I saw a chicken murdered.  I will definitely be adding some pictures.  Cool right?? This lady grabs it and just starts hacking away at its neck then hung it up by the feet and just let the blood drain!  Agh! So cool but so gross!! Poor chicken.  I sure hope it was at least delicious so it didn't die in vain!  

But yeah, tomorrow I am going to Xalapa to get my daughter and I get to see all the gringas!! Agh!! I am so excited!  The sister training leaders were here and I was talking to one of them and said how much I missed the other Americanas and she was like, do you want to call them?? YES!  It was the best thing ever to talk to them! I realized they all feel the same way as me.  I am so grateful to know that there is some one else struggling to get used to Mexico too. It takes effort to get used to Mexico... la verdad si.  But I love it here in Martinez the people in the ward are so cool.  And I am so excited to work with them for longer.  They are so awesome!  Life is good, the church is true.  I love you all!! Bye!! 

Hermana Chandler





A family that I love!

Another family that I love!

No comments:

Post a Comment