Tuesday, March 11, 2014

I'm a Missionary Mommy!

My first moment with my daughter!
Well family, who would have thought that I would be the first of all of you to be a mom?  Nobody right?  I've got my new companion and let me tell you, it is so great!  She is super awesome and we get along so well!  I am loving it!  It is really fun to be the senior companion!  I am sure that it is going to get harder but I really think that I am up for the challenge!  It is really cool to see all the progress!  I am really loving it.  We went up to Xalapa last Tuesday and we get to see all the hermanas and then we had a weird ceremony thing where the trainers line up on one side and the newbies line up on the other and one by one we get our new companions! Cool right?  Ah!! What a stressful situation!  But really I am so happy!  This is so great.  I think I was so done with being trained that I didn't even care that I have to train!  This is awesome. My companion and I are working and meeting new people everyday and setting baptismal dates with them and I really think that we are going to have a lot of success.  Her name is Hermana Daza and she is from Columbia!  She is 20 years old, and she understands English so it is really helpful, she is helping me a lot with my spanish!  It is super great because all the American hermanas have Latina companions.  
So something awesome about Martinez is that it is known for its delicious oranges.  And let me tell you, they are probably the most delicious things I have ever tasted!  Agh!  And every time we go to a house the people always give us oranges!  Always!! So we seriously have a month supply of oranges in our apartment, they are wonderful but I think eating oranges every single day might be bad for my teeth.  Oh well!  They are yummy!  But yeah, life is good and I am doing well here!  I love you all and hope you are all safe!  Be good! 

Hermana Chandler

Mi nueva compañera y yo
My companion made me dinner... and it's happy to see me!
My gringas!

No comments:

Post a Comment