Tuesday, December 2, 2014

El es la Dádiva

Hello family!  I hope you all had a splendid Dia de Acción de Gracias! I sure did. I want you all to know that I kept the tradition alive! I set up my own little Christmas tree, and I ate a quesadilla with turkey.  I celebrated Thanksgiving mission style! 

Things here are going fantastically!  I love my new area and I enjoy working with my new companion.  I just want you all to know how awesome the church is.  I feel like I am part of a global church movement!  They just came out with this video called, "El es la Dádiva"... I imagine that in English it is, "He is the Gift."  It is AWESOME!  It talks about how Christmas is about Christ and about how He is the real gift of Christmas.  The cool thing is that the church has been promoting it non-stop.  They are even going to rent out the jumbotron in TIMES SQUARE!  Do you realize what that means?!  AGH!  Also they rented advertising space on youtube.  So on December 7th,  they are going to advertise it all day!! The church is taking over the world!! Yay!! IT IS AWESOME!! I am so excited!  We are showing the video to EVERYONE! So all of you have to do it too!! PUT IT ON FACEBOOK! Send it to everyone!!! The whole world needs to see this video!!! Share the gift!!!  Woo!! 



Anyway, I apologize that I am writing so early. I am taking a little road trip to Xalapa for an all-sisters conference!  Hooray. I am excited! But at the same time... not.. We will see. It will be fun to take a road trip though. We will be in Xalapa for 3 days.  It is going to be great!  

So the cool thing about my area is that it is gigantic.  There are cool things in every corner.  It is awesome. We have ruins in our area.  AAAH!! It is so awesome! It is an ancient temple!  I still haven't gone in yet because we haven't had time but it is awesome.  

The people out in this community are awesome. I am sure that they are all escogido.  Why?  Because they like 45 minutes from the chapel.. so it will be difficult but not impossible.  We met this family who is just awesome. They are always so happy to see us and they already have friends that are members of the church.  I am loving working here, and meeting these people.  Papantla is super traditional so they wear the traditional clothing of Veracruz.  Also they speak in dialects.  (which I am dominating.. just kidding.. its really hard..)  It is called Totonacu.  It reminds me of the language they speak in the movie, The Gods Must Be Crazy.  Because it is just a bunch of strange sounds that don't make sense.  But I am loving it!  The mission is great! And I hope you are all happy this week!  

I love you all!
No olviden a compartir la Dadiva!!


Hermana Chandler





Totonaco
Nicolalawila: ¿Como esta?
Nicolawalikana: ¿Como te llamas?

No comments:

Post a Comment