Tuesday, November 25, 2014

I ate a banana directly from the tree.

I hope you all understood the title of my email.  I ate a banana DIRECTLY from the tree.  I hope you all realize that is impossible in Utah.  Also did you know that bananas grow from like this weird pod thing?  It is amazing! I have never seen anything like this in my whole life.  

Papantla is super awesome and tropical.  So tropical that it used to be the ocean.  Papantla is also really really hilly.  The whole city is built on hills.  So one day I was walking on top of a hill, minding my own little missionary business when suddenly I saw that there were seashells!!! On top of this mountain!! Seashells!!! The whole city was once under the water!!! Agh! Do you realize how cool that is!?  Anyway.  

Things here are going just great.  We have been finding a lot of people and we have been working in a new area called Tajin.  It is a tiny community near the ruins of Tajin and it is out in the middle of nowhere.  But we went out there and we found a bunch of people and we found a donkey. And we fed it ilote.  It was a great moment. This area is super awesome.  There is so much greeen!!!!  It is amazing! Almost everyone has a banana tree outside their house.  

The ward is super great, I have been getting to know the people a little bit better and they are awesome!  I think they are accepting me into their herd.. haha They are always working and visit inactives and just being epic.  Just like every ward should be!! I am happy to be here and I am happy that it is almost Christmas!!!! I hope you all enjoy Thanksgiving this week! Eat lots of turkey for me!! Be happy! I love you all!
 
Hermana Chanclita




No comments:

Post a Comment