Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Can you say jelly shoes?

Yes, it is true.  I have purchased a pair of jelly shoes to protect me from the rain. I guess that isn't all that important.

This week was pretty great. We are having some difficulties finding new people to teach. We have a lot of people that are getting ready for baptism and so I am pretty excited, but we haven't found any new people for a while. So keep us in your prayers that this week will be better than the last.  I hope that you are all doing well!  

I was a little disappointed to hear that there was no baby (One of Emily's siblings is expecting a baby any day now!). But oh well I guess. I have already had 2 missionary daughters in the time that it has taken for the real one to get here. Geez. Baby Chandler just keeping us waiting. How rude. Oh well.

Anyway, this week was girls camp and all the girls from our ward went. And let me tell you, girls camp in Utah is NOTHING compared to girls camp here. These girls had to dig latrines and they got rained on and last but not least they had to make all of their own food. Okay, that doesn't sound like a big deal, right? Wrong. They had to KILL their own food. Yes, girls camp in Mexico is hardcore. They had to kill, clean and cook a chicken!! I just about died laughing when I heard that.  

Another thing, you should all give me a round of applause. Seriously, do it right now. Why? Because I ate the soup in the picture. Seafood. I ate it. Agh! I wanted to die.  Seriously. I have never eaten a soup with my fingers before, but I did it. I almost wept.  But I am starting to think that the gift of tongues is not only languages.  It also helps you eat spicy, weird foods.  

After all these crazy changes I am happy to be back in my little house in Museo. It is cute and the members are a whole lot of fun. This week we had interviews with the President! He is the best human being on the planet. He seriously has helped our mission so much already. President Greer is just the best.  He beams with this happiness that is contagious!  I haven't had that great of an interview in a really long time. He got me super pumped to get out there and baptize the world! I am so grateful to my Heavenly Father for sending us the Greers.  Hooray por la obra del Señor!  Les amo!  Sea feliz sea mormon! 

Hermana Chandler


No comments:

Post a Comment