Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Busquen la verdad!!

Hello Family,
The font on the day of the baptism... yuck!
This week held a number of adventures for me.  One of which was trying to find new investigators... none.  This week was a little rough but it was great.  We met a lot of people who like to preach apostasy. We met this crazzzzy man who pretty much told us that he wanted to argue.  He told us that the Book of Mormon was false, that there were no such things as prophets, and that we were in a cult. He is a sad strange little man. I can't imagine how sad that would be to think that God has abandoned us.. what a weird man he was.  He also told us that we are working in darkness and secrets because we wouldn't tell him our names. Then as I was thinking about it, I wouldn't have told him my name even if I could have. He was weird.  Then to top it off he tried to hug my companion!! Agh!! Ew!  

Well this week we had a baptism! Her name is Amailyn. She is so awesome.  Her and her sister were supposed to get baptized together but it didn't work out that way. Amailyn was so happy and so ready!  Too bad we weren't. When we got to the church, the font was so so so dirty!! We spent all morning draining all the water and taking it out with buckets. It was a crazy, tiring morning but everything worked out really well.  I am really happy!  I am loving  the missionary life.  At times I feel like all it is is terminal exhaustion.  Which is true but I love it anyway.  I hope you are all happy and healthy!  Be good! 

Hermana Chandler
Amailyn's baptism
My companion and I with Amailyn!

No comments:

Post a Comment